Write With Us
Utah Liberty Alliance actively seeks guest contributions from writers who can give an anarchist perspective to events and issues that affect Utahns. You can submit your work using one of the following methods:
- Register for an account at utahliberty.org/register. You can write and submit your article using our platform, after which it will be published after approval by the editorial staff.
- Submit an article without registering at utahliberty.org/contact. Although it is not required, we suggest you include some valid way to contact you (email is fine) in case we have questions about your submission.
- Email your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting your work, you agree to have it published under a Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution license. We also actively submit published articles to various media outlets throughout Utah, so be aware that your work may be reproduced elsewhere.
If you would like your article submitted as an op-ed to Utah newspapers and websites, please try not to exceed 400 – 600 words, and do not include images or hyperlinks. ULA or the publication may contact you for verification. ULA or other publications may edit your submission for grammar or length.
Aside from op-eds, we welcome other articles, poetry, photos, art, music, podcasts, or any other medium whereby the message of anarchism may be conveyed.
Issues and Topics
We tend to write about certain topics and champion certain causes more often than others. Such topics and issues include:
- Gay Rights – Radical queer issues, queer anarchism, anti-assimilationism, and other issues affecting the LGBT community.
- Youth Rights – Tackling institutions and attitudes that oppress society’s most marginalized and trod upon minority: young people.
- Education – While the state ensures children are trained and molded into employees for capitalist institutions, anarchists advocate free alternatives to public education that give children control of their intellectual, artistic, athletic and vocational pursuits. Radical parenting and unschooling are our friends.
- Drug Policy – The “war on drugs” is one of the most dangerous threats to the liberty and safety of individuals everywhere. We seek alternatives.
- Police Abuse – Law enforcement officers have only one job: law enforcement. As the business end of the state, this cartel will obey its masters even at the cost of public safety, civil rights, or any constitution that stands in its way. We encourage and support recording and reporting instances of police abuse.
Anarchism Without Adjectives
Utah Liberty Alliance advocates and discusses a wide range of ideas and viewpoints and practices a culture of inclusion. Our writers may differ and even contradict each other at times, and we encourage respectful and lively discussion when this occurs.
Writers and activists who may be interested in working with us include anarchists, anarcho-communists, libertarian socialists, voluntaryists, agorists, mutualists, Christian anarchists, green anarchists, queer anarchists and anarcha-feminists.
Utah Liberty Alliance seeks to bring about a free society through journalism and activism, starting right here at home.
Repeal Stupid Laws
Does your city have stupid laws on the books? It is amazing how sacred people consider the laws of the State to be until they consider the law absurd. You can help delegitimize the State by contacting us with information about the stupid laws in your city. We'll contact elected officials to urge them to repeal.
Recent Forum Posts
In development: Utah Copwatch (utahcopwatch.org)
posted in forum Incubator by Dallin Crump on August 14, 2012 at 1:09 pm
In development: Utahns for Privatized Education (u4pe.org)
posted in forum Incubator by Dallin Crump on April 30, 2012 at 1:54 pm
Utah juror information
posted in forum Incubator by Nicholas Hooton on April 30, 2012 at 8:56 am